Thank you to Holly Bull from the Center for Interim Programs, for sharing her time and expertise with us on Wednesday February 23.
Holly shared a wealth of information about The Gap Year Experience and a great list of considerations for students and parents alike.
* A Gap Year is a time to explore interests.
* All ages, learning styles, and levels of experience can explore a Gap Year.
* The benefits include improved self-motivation, self-confidence, college/career clarity, job post college, awareness of personal finances, relevance of studies to the world and more.
* On average, students perform at higher levels than non-Gap Year students.
There are four Gap Year Programs:
1. Gap year facilitated programs
2. Skill-based programs
3. Urban internships and
4. Volunteer work experience placements.
You can access the webinar recap here: https://bit.ly/RecapGapYear
Our next webinar is Finding Internships & Jobs Today: How to Help Your Student Navigate the Competitive Search Process on Wednesday, March 2 at 7 pm.
In this webinar we’ll talk about the latest trends in early career hiring – from AI scored resumes and robo-interview platforms to online career fairs and virtual internships – and ways to help students stand out in this competitive process. For more details and to register, please go to: https://bit.ly/RegisterInternshipsZoom
Once again, a special thank you to Holly, and thank you to all of you for your continued support of the College Woman’s Club.
Anne Wargo, President 2021-2022